Friday, August 11, 2017

Flash Back Friday!

One of the fun things about this virtual journal is being able to look back on our home over the years. Today, I went back to my very first post and wanted to share a Flash Back Friday to showcase the changes made over the years. 

February 2014



Aside from the colorful print, this room was very bland. This was a late winter picture and I had a busy table scape! I also had WAY too much on the dining room server. Candle sticks galore! 

(I also became a better photographer, although I still need a lot of practice!)


Spring 2017

I flipped the lay out because I liked having the large print anchored above the sofa vs. floating between the chair and the chaise lounge. I also took away the beaded lumbar pillow and added 2 damask printed pillows. I love the contrast against the navy pillows! I went with a stack of coffee tables books on the side table and did away with small chotchkies! 


Having the chair and chaise lounge by the window makes more sense.
I also pulled the curtains back to allow for more light. The sun rises behind the house so this room doesn't have much natural light until late afternoon. Pulling the curtains back really helps.


Added a pop of pink with these faux peonies and then placed some reading material and a gold metal urchin on a mirrored accent table! Simpleeeeee! 

The dining room has completely transformed and just recently, to be honest. I stenciled an accent wall- check it out here and added pink accents to blend the living room and dining room together. 



Thanks for stopping by! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment