Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Family Room Details

I've been loving earthy accents lately and decided to really bring them out in my family room. My TV room (family room) is the most neutral space in our home and the easiest to quickly switch up. A year ago, it had really bright colors and today, it is toned down and "earthy" :)  I really love being able to make quick, cost effective changes. 

About a year ago, my hubs surprised me with a small cow hide area rug which started the "earthy" elements in the family room. My dad gave me real deer antlers and skull that I am obsessed with... SO earthy! 

Although I have an 8' by 10' area rug from Safavieh Rugs, using the small cow hide rug under this accent chair added so much character to the space. The throw pillow, HomeGoods, has burlap trim. I took the giant basket out of retirement and use it to hold throw blankets. Other earthy elements: wooden top side table and faux greenery. 


I switch up this shelf constantly and with a few new items, ($11 at TJMaxx) and some shopping around the house, I was able to give this shelf a nice, earthy feel. (Say earthy ONE more time) I had that frame already and it's just right for the look I'm working to achieve.  I found the chicken wire wrapped jars and mini cacti at TJMaxx this morning and LOVE how cute they look together. (Remember, group in odd numbers!) Those are my treasured antlers from my Dad... I think they are so cool and something NO ONE else has because they are from the woods! ;) Stacked some books and a candle, used a faux plant from another room in the house and then took a distressed metal ball out of retirement. I am VERY happy with how this little "shelfie" came out! 



Check out some older pics of my family room here

Thanks for stopping by! 
-Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment