Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hosting a Spring Celebration!

My mom has been throwing us all birthday parties since forever and I felt it was high time I reciprocated! Her birthday is April 10th and since Easter was only a week away, I wanted to make it very Easter-y and boy, oh boy, did I succeed! Carrots, bunnies and pastels, oh my! 

Isn't she a beauty?! ;)


Below are some images to show how I created this look. I was able to stay within a budget by using the Target One Spot. (and a lovely friend who let me use her Happy Birthday Banner) I also found some items at Pier 1 and HomeGoods. Keep reading for more details. 


Part of the center piece was 2 groups of bunnies and robin eggs in nests. I used a tiny cake stand I found at Target One Spot for, you guessed it, $1 to add height to one of the nests. It's always easier to work in groups of 3... adding the cake stand added interest to the second group of eggs. The Robin Egg/Nest set is on MAJOR sale right now... Find it here

*Pictured here are gold over sized confetti which I later removed because it felt too busy. :)



Found these adorable napkin rings at the Target One Spot... $3 for a set of 4. Amazing deal and such a conversation piece at dinner. ;)


I always use place cards... I actually had these from Christmas and just reused them. I purchased from Kate Spade. They have cute little sayings on them and I love how festive they look! 





I fell in <3 with this mini carrot table scatter I found at Pier1. Literally, fell in LOVEEEEE!!!! You can find it here on SUPER sale! 



I scattered mini party hats around the table, another super festive detail. Found them at the Target One Spot, too! Plus, they were quite the hit! My Mom and Nanny loved them SO much!!! We even put them on the dogs. So fun!


I made an Italian Almond Cookie Cake... I must say, it is to die for! Made it at Christmas time, too but instead of the primary color non pareils, I used the springy, pastel colored ones. Topped the cake off with this banner I scored at the good, ole Target One Spot. 

The menu was simple:

Sweet potato crusted quiche with spinach, onion and feta. 
Apple French Toast Bake
Cheese, Meat, Olive and Fruit Platter
Bagels, Lox and Cream Cheese station

I loved hosting and most importantly, my Momma had a GREAT time and loved everything!!!! <3

Any questions, please feel free to reach out!

xo- Cyndi


Sources:
White/Gold ceramic bunnies: HomeGoods
Table Scatter: Pier1
Mini cake stands: Target One Spot
Cake banner: Target One Spot
Napkin rings: Target One Spot
Fresh Cut Tulips: Shop Rite
Robin eggs and various nests: Pier1 






No comments:

Post a Comment