Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Power of a Pillow

I have been trying to figure out what else our family room needed. The furniture is a little too big but we make it work. I realized the ottoman is just too big and so, I was off to HomeGoods. I walked around the entire store 3 times and found "nothing". I wasn't thinking outside of the box until I found a multi-colored bird pillow. It's the perfect way to tie in more color. Pillows have some serious power. They are the easiest and most cost effective way to instantly change up a space. 
You can see before pictures of my family roohere



This powerful pillow ^ is bright, fun and playful. Sometimes you need something bold and fun. If you're afraid to try something out of you comforter zone just remember, you can always return! Best of all, it has the green and orange I already have in the family room. I was able to pull in some blue (borrowed a pillow from the living room) and ditched that bulky ottoman for 2 smaller pieces. 



Pillow combinations are:
  • geometric
  • solid
  • floral/birds 
Read more about pattern combinations here



86ing the bulky ottoman made this room seem 10 times bigger! I combined a bright green pouf to kick up the feet and a little table for some reading material. 




What are your favorite accent colors? Do you add pops of color with a throw pillow? Leave some love below!

xo
Cyndi 

No comments:

Post a Comment