Thursday, March 5, 2015

Styling the Perfect Nightstand

Another snow day... and I ended up dusting, cleaning and restyling! I get in these moods where I clear every single surface and give it a whole new look. Today, I tackled the bedroom. I've written about how I love to decorate from around my own home. Move things from one place to another to save money and freshen up other spaces!

This little project led me to share how I style a nightstand. I like to work with the following: 
  • lamp- this functional item adds necessary height 
  • books- for the nighttime reader, great to stack
  • frames- great for layering
  • candles- smell pretty :)
  • florals- dainty and simple way to add a pop for color and texture
  • decor- one small decorative piece can add personal style




When styling any surface, it's good to work with layers. This gives the opportunity to add character to this little space. Use your lamp as the tallest piece, stack books for height and frames for layers. 


The florals add a pop of color and texture...

and that little white deer head... SO my style!

Here are a few nightstands I found while searching the web:


I love the simplicity of this nightstand. Functional and stylish.


This color combo is to die for. The layers are perfectly balanced and that blue bowl is so convenient  for hiding earrings, chap sticks and hair ties. 


Loving this alarm clock soon much! Another simple, clean look for a nightstand. 

How do you style your nightstand? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!

xo
Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment