Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Cozy, Bright Family Room

When I hear family room, I think of "cozy and bright". I make our dark, family room furniture work by adding bright accessories on the bookshelf, faux fur for texture and bright throw pillows! 



Griffin the ham! 




I have been looking at a ton of bookshelves online and found some great bookshelves with much more books than decor items. So last night, I made it a point to focus on books for the bookshelf. I gathered the books and magazines I wanted to use and stacked them first. After stacking and placing my books/magazines, I went back to fill in the spaces. 

 That sea urchin is actually wall decor but I love the way it looks on top of these books. It's just a little something extra! Target Sea Urchin 






I was ready for a little pop of spring so I scooped up that white egg at Target and used it as a book end. Find it here



Anyone else craving spring?

Thanks for stopping by!

Xo
Cyndi


No comments:

Post a Comment