Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Did someone say tea party?!

 Time for tea...

This was certainly one fun luncheon to prepare for. It all started with a $4.50 silver, polka dot teapot I found. After that, it was ON! I had to have a tea party! A group of lovely friends and I started a little book club and we would rotate who would host. Here is a list of the things I made sure to include once it was my turn to host...


  • Paper straws- Spritz Paper Straws 
  • Paper napkins- I layered small and large napkins to give a little character. 


  • Fresh Flowers- The aerial view of my table in the first image shows the simple, white daisies I picked up at my local A&P. I cut them and placed in handled mason jars from Pottery Barn. You can find them here. 
  • Candles- I used square votives I already had that were the same color as the napkins and straws. #win
  • Formal China- If you have it, USE IT! It is so pretty and worth it. Plus, it makes your guests feel so special.
Those sugar wafers were a breeze to make... double boil white chocolate, dip the end of wafer in the melted chocolate, then coat with non-pareils. I used strawberry wafers here.

I made sure to keep my topiaries on the table for a "garden tea party" feel!

So, what are your tea party essentials? I would love to hear!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment