Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Nutty for Navy

Purple, my favorite color, has some serious competition with my latest obsession, NAVY! Not only have I substituted black for navy in my wardrobe (Hellooooo, it looks amaze with everything!!!) but I have made it the focal point in our living room and dining room. I might want to put it in every other room but I really don't think that's normal. Ekkk!

When I'm in the mood to lose hours of my life to my MacBook, I (naturally) search the web for either home decor or clothing/accessories. My latest web "binge" would be lost on ZGallerie. This binge led me to go on various decor blogs and then pinterest. See how the binge could turn deadly? I found some amazing sites and pictures to go with that I just needed to share. 


This living room is from a lookbook on ZGallerie's website. The gold and navy combo is so rich and striking. Since the sectional is solid, the wall paper works. The thick, gold mirror allows for something to be hung on the wall, without having this space become too busy. I really, really love this room.

Here are some of the pieces used in the look above. Make sure you check out ZGallerie for these looks and much more.
This next look is from a site called Cute Decor. I had contemplated a navy blue accent wall in our living room and/or dining room. This might be the inspiration I needed. I love the contrast between the white furniture and navy walls. Very striking!
This room had me at moroccan! The rug, of course! Again, the blue walls against the white furniture is so striking and bold. I am really loving this room. Those over sized lamps are really catching my eye. I'm not so into "matchy, matchy" but this look works. That mirror coffee table is to die for and the artwork above the couch adds such a great contrast to the navy walls. LOVE! This look was found on the amazing blog, Apartment Therapy.
What do you think? Are you all loving navy as much as I am? Let me know in the comments below!
Want to check out my navy rooms? Click here and check out my house tour here. Thanks for visiting and stop by soon. 


Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment