Saturday, February 22, 2014

Inspiration through others...

So one of my biggest theories on home decor is using things you LOVE. Now, I tend to LOOOOOVE many, many things and jump on what my bestie calls "band wagons". We might not all love the same things. In fact, I can actually guarantee that there are many people that won't have the same taste as me. That's the best part of decorating a home, though. Sometimes, we take risks based off of someone else's LOVE. That leads to inspiration and a new love of our own. 

I have been loving the empty frame collage trend floating around pinterest and other home decor blogs. Who would have thought that empty frames could add so much character to a wall? I have also been intrigued by these ceramic and metal animal heads. Have you seen them? I have seen many designers using them lately and I just can't stop thinking about them. Last night, my husband and I stopped at HomeGoods before going to dinner to find something for above our bed. Let me tell you, this man is GOOD LUCK. (and he actually has a really good eye- I trained him well!) We found some lovely treasures, among them a silver, metal deer head! Now, the country girl in me died. My previous "intrigued" status went straight to LOVE. My father is a hunter and he has like 7 deer heads and a bear rug in his office so this decor decision was inevitable. I decided to stagger the deer head around some empty frames. I took a look that others love and made it into my own! I'm so happy with the results...


He's about 10 inches long.


Both black frames are 4x6 and the silver frame is an 8x10. Above the deer head is a black, mosaic tile mirror. 

 Have you ever been intrigued by someone else's decorative "love"? What are your thoughts on this empty frame/deer head collage? Let me know in the comments below. 

Until next time- 
Cyndi

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love animal heads, brother! Your apartment would look amazing with a collage of rustic animals heads... quite like, say, our father's office!!!!

      Delete